Thursday, November 18, 2010

Today

Today I was on the beach watching the surf, and I realized that that was as close as I was ever gonna get to God. The picture that I saw with my eye was more beautiful then anything anyone could ever come up with.

The beach always makes me sad and solemn. I am not sure why, and it doesn't matter, when I am out there watching the tides come in and out nothing else matters, for a brief time all is right with the world. Everything just disappears at least for that fleeting moment. 

When I am out there watching the water I feel better and then I cry, something about no one and nothing to judge me or care about why I am crying or anything that I may or may not have done in the past. Nothing matters but the phases of the moon and the unrelenting tide and whatever it washes in or out with it.

Today was my fathers birthday and the only place that I can still feel him next to me is the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment