Monday, April 30, 2012

I LOVE YOU?

Those are supposed to be the three most sought after words that we all long to hear, but what do they really mean? I have heard so many people tell me they love me  that it doesn't mean anything to me anymore.
The truth is actions speak louder than words and when the actions of someone who says they love you do not match the words that are coming out of their mouth I get very confused and I shouldn't because words are just words the true feelings cannot be contained into a simple phrase.

If I never hear those words again it will be fine, I want to feel the feeling that makes those words irrelevant

People say that you will feel it when it is right but I am not sure that I would recognize that or if I could even feel it at all.
I may just be getting bitter in my age and I really am frightened about that but how many times can you have your hopes and dreams stepped on before you just give up? I am not there yet but I am on the precipice.

People think that I confuse lust with love and I don't I am fully aware that there is a huge difference and they are not mutually exclusive you can have one with out the other - lust is one thing I am not lacking. 

Maybe it is in my nature to make other people confuse the 2 concepts I don't know and I don't think that adults should be confused that easily, but we all have an inner child that just craves closeness.

Maybe I am just expecting too much from the human race. I never thought of my self as a romantic or mushy but these days it would be nice to have someone to just hug me and tell me everything is gonna ok - even if it isn't. Someone who doesn't mind that I am a train-wreck, maybe because they are too, but is willing  to put up with my moods and everything else that is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment