Monday, August 23, 2010

They say that laughter is the best medicine, but I am thinking that someone to make you laugh is more important than the laughter itself. Having people around you that just know what mood your in and how to make everything better is the best thing in the world.
So what happens when there is no one? 
Contentment is always good, but we get it confused with complacency and that is not good. There is always something better and more that we can strive for no matter how happy or content you are there is always more, more to do,  more to feel, more to love, more to be.

This is where we lose our way, we feel like this is all there is.

I hope and pray everyday that this is not all there is for me, there has to be more, more, more that I should be, more that I have yet to do, more that I need to accomplish.
I know that I was put on this earth for a good reason and that all the things that happen are part of a grand plan that I don't have be aware of, but this doesn't give me much solace in my plight to find my way through life or my purpose here.

I know that we are all looking for our place in the world and to know why we are here, and that my plight is not unique or even out of the ordinary. This actually gives me comfort, knowing that I am not alone - even when I am.
The loneliness gets to me sometimes, I am alone even when there are people next to me trying to help me.

1 comment:

  1. You ARE meant for great things. There is always more to strive for - and you are never, ever alone. You have many who love you. Thanks for reminding me, with this post, that everyone has a great purpose, and that we always need to strive to be the best person we can be in all aspects of life.
    I love you, sis.

    ReplyDelete