Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Time

Well another month has gone by - this is alittle upsetting to me, but I will get there sooner or later - maybe "all in good time" should be the basis for my life right now. Nothing seems to go exactly the way I planned, but does it ever really, for anyone?
Life is like this whirlwind of thoughts and actions and people and things. I think,  sometimes we need to just let somethings just go past us and hope that it was for the best. Its when we get caught up in the windstorm that is our lives that we tend to miss the simple things, like just spending time with the ones we love or the joy of a good book or just looking around to take in nature. We all like to say "stop and smell the roses" but how many of us actually do? The only time we even think to stop and look around is when we are so overwhelmed by life that we have no choice

Time is the only force in the universe that only goes in one direction - we should think about that - its also one of  the only things we can never get back once it is wasted. That half hour that I spent being mad about something that  happened last week - wasted time I can never get back.  I try to be conscious of how much time I spend  being mad or upset, as this is not a productive use of my time - it is hard, but I try, I would rather try to spend my time making decisions that will get  me to a better place in my life. This is my hope at least, to use my time wisely - it obviously doesn't always work, but I keep trying.

Making other peoples lives better is always a good thing, helping others, in turn helps us, it makes us feel better about ourselves - and the better we feel, the more naturally relaxed we are. Well that's my theory at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment