Thursday, September 2, 2010

Alone

I know that this has been a recurring theme but this is different.
I have recently found my self alone for the first time in my life. I have never lived by myself before - at first I was enjoying it - a new experience. I still do enjoy it for the most part, I can do whatever I want whenever I want. For some reason though at night, when I realize that most of the people I know are sleeping, getting ready for the day ahead, I find myself feeling very alone.
The thoughts in my head start to go alittle crazy, thinking and dreaming and wondering. I  just start  pondering the way that I look at life and how others look at me and - well - the way the world works.
Life is  weird though, I have found some of the best people in the oddest places, people who I have known for a long time but never realized how much we had in common until we realized that we are both insomniacs, so I guess that not sleeping for a while has actually been a good thing for me. Its funny how sometimes you have to stop looking to find whats real.
Friendship is the best thing you can give anyone or receive from someone. More then once this year I have found people that I thought were in my past but seem to be more of my future then I realized.
I cherish my friends and I only wish I had more to give.

I will get where I am supposed to go - I am alone but I am not - that is my life lesson through all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment