Wednesday, August 25, 2010

People

What can be said about a persons life by the people that are in it or chose not to be?
The people that chose to be in our lives only for a short time say more about us then the people who stick around for the duration. Sometimes, the people who are always there are just there because they feel obligated or are just used to us and wouldn't know how to not be around us anymore - the people who get to know us and then choose to leave are more intriguing.  This is not to say that the people who chose to stay in our lives didn't make a conscious decision, they are the ones we need by our sides to get through our daily struggles and I wouldn't be here today if they did not stick by me. I just think that - well - sometimes don't you just wonder what people think of you? Years after they meet and disregard you, do you think they ever look back and ask them selves if they should have gotten to know you better?

I mean as I sit here and ponder all the people who have come in and out of my life - I wonder how many of them I pushed away or left just because I wasn't worth the effort.
For some there was no choice - God took them from me for some reason or another,  this intrigues me, they must have served their purpose and been here for a reason but I can help to think that they would have left too if they were not taken.
The fact that I am thinking of these people who are not here anymore is just proof that the people who stuck around and decided that I was worth something are more important to me than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment